Haven’t posted a recipe in a while, here’s a good one!
Esquites (Mexican-corn salad)
2 tablespoons butter
2 cans corn
1 can black beans
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 glove garlic, grated
2 green onions, sliced
2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
chili powder, salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the corn, garlic and black beans. Cook 2 mins, remove from heat
- Mix in remaining ingredients and serve
I also added some hot sauce (as I was out of jalapenos) and cooked chicken breast so that I could eat it as a main dish.
(original recipe found here)
Happy First Day of Summer!
This year I’ll be spending summer in both Seattle and Hawaii, so in hopes of continuing my “summer list” tradition…here goes! You can spock last year’s list here.
- Visit the Hoh Rainforest and the Olympic Peninsula
- Vancouver trip
- Complete a 30-day yoga challenge (sticking to consistent workouts is hard in the summer, so pushing myself on this one)
- Watch 4th of July fireworks (note: I haven’t done this in years!)
- Go on one hike a week (pretty ambitious)
- Beach BBQ’s and Pool Parties
- Get my booty to Kauai
- Host a dinner party
- Plan a honeymoon (yes, we have yet to do this)
10 . Enjoy the most amazing wedding with all the loves of my life!!